Monday 20 February 2012

Voice Diagram

I thought I'd make a quick diagram of the voice and it's existences/ avenues of being. When I being to think about The Voice I always find myself straying away from strict voco-centric enquiry onto much larger themes in Language, Music or Oral. It's so easy to do this (well for me I feel) because the voice is so slippery, it can shift from the essence of presence to the horror of un-presence at the flick of a switch, and so when thinking around voice I feel I always need to squint at this spectral, ontologically autonomous entity(▲) rather than get my teeth into much more tangible ideas concerning the territories that Voice shifts through or effects.


(▲) That I suppose makes The Voice so fascinating to think about/around.

No comments:

Post a Comment