Friday 27 July 2012

some posts about rap

I've been blogging about rap. Most of it relates to or heralds from stuff in our Vocalities discussions. My research (if you can call it that) has kinda spiralled (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181) a little since then but I think some posts will resonate strongly with particular essays from course and also previous posts here.

There are 6 parts, the footnotes and bibliography are all in part 6. If anyone has any comments I'd like to hear them.

Links:

Trill Shit: Cacophonies Part 1
Trill Shit: Cacophonies Part 2
Trill Shit: Cacophonies Part 3
Trill Shit: Cacophonies Part 4
Trill Shit: Cacophonies Part 5
Trill Shit: Cacophonies Part 6

In retrospect I think my treatment is a little scatty and un-thorough, but some of the connections are cool and there are lots of rap videos.

♰𐌞▲

Here's an ODB a capella

2 comments:

  1. Only if the research demands it! ;-) - No Rahzel is kinda cool, I've heard a few of his live things, with the audience energy and all it's kinda cool - he's like the hip hop equivalent of the phone phreak really I guess - to make a trite comparison - using the language of the machines to communicate rather than any humanoid construct - - opting to mimic an 808, like a phreak minics 26k htz......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joybubbles

    It's odd how much pop uses voice as an instrument rather than an instrument, warm strings or synths are replaced by programmed mmms and ahhhs - - Think enya, coors, that bank advert....

    ReplyDelete